Formed in 1998, Barwon Health is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, providing care at all stages of life and circumstance. Health services available through Barwon Health cover the full spectrum from primary care, community services, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health, emergency and acute care. With the exception of neurosurgery and transplantation, virtually all other specialties are available through University Hospital Geelong.
Care is provided to the community through:
- Community Health services at key locations throughout the region.
- Aged care through the McKellar Centre and its sites in North Geelong and Charlemont.
- Rehabilitation services both as an inpatient at the McKellar Centre and outpatient services at North Geelong and Belmont.
- A major teaching hospital and its associated services.
- With more than 7000 staff, we are one of Australia's largest regional employers and a major education provider through our relationships with Deakin University, Melbourne University, Monash University, the Gordon and a number of other educational centres and universities