Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) is a leading Victorian health service committed to providing quality health care to more than 90,000 people across North East Victoria.
We are the major referral facility for people with complex health needs from Bright, Mansfield, Beechworth, Myrtleford, Yarrawonga, Euroa and Benalla. We also provide a telehealth service to these smaller facilities, allowing doctors at Northeast Health to provide medical advice via video link.
Our hospital has a 24/7 Emergency Department and offers an extensive range of healthcare services as well as our residential aged care facility, Illoura.
Our Vision: Thriving communities in North East Victoria, achieving the best quality of life for everyone.
Our Purpose: To be leaders in health, who transform and deliver high quality, safe healthcare for all.
- Healthcare provider
- Partner & Leader
- Courage: Boldness and bravery are required to meet the needs of our community – this means going above and beyond what we do today.
- Excellence: Quality is non-negotiable. We believe in ourselves – we have the vision, skills and determination to innovate and drive excellence.
- Fairness: We believe that everyone has a right to equitable access to healthcare, and that this is vital for a flourishing community.
- Integrity: We commit to being open and ethical in our actions, and ensuring we have a positive culture defined by commitment.
- Kindness: We will always support one another, care deeply about our community, team and partners, and treat each and every person with kindness and compassion.
- Respect: We believe in not only listening but hearing, responding to and advocating for those we care for and about. We believe in and commit to trust and mutual understanding.