Staff Specialist Clinician SMO 1.1 – SMO1.6 (Remuneration Package Range $211,880 - $257,588)
Senior Staff Specialist Clinician SMO 2.1 – SMO2.3 (Remuneration Package Range $265,627 - $291,433)
Division of Women Children and Youth
Fixed vacancy for 2-5 years in Darwin and Palmerston
One vacancy is available, working in Darwin and Palmerston.
Selection will be made at the SC or SSC level depending on the experience/qualifications of the successful applicant.
What can we offer you:
• City living without the traffic
• Competitive pay rates and excellent working conditions within a tertiary hospital
• Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions
• Flexible working conditions
• 11.5% Superannuation
• VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates
• Reimbursement of relocation expenses for interstate candidates (subject to review and approval)
About the Role:
The Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospitals is the tertiary referral centre for the Northern Territory and surrounding region with over 2200 births. It has a busy Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with a regional role extending throughout the Northern Territory. The service is strongly committed to providing care that is child, family and woman focused.
The WCY is made up of a highly qualified team of medical, nursing and midwifery and allied health practitioners, administrative and other support services. The service has a significant teaching, training and research program as well as strong clinical and professional governance structures and processes to ensure delivery of safe, high-quality healthcare.
WCY are undergoing a program of continuous business improvements to inform best practices in the models of care as well as ensuring that the workforce and services are safe and sustainable. WCY are committed to rebuilding a positive workplace culture and are confident that we can deliver excellent health care to the community if we work together.
We are seeking a full time Senior or Staff Specialist capable of generalist practice across both Obstetrics and Gynaecology, with the ability to develop special interests as a proportion of their work schedule.
The successful applicant must have RANZCOG Fellowship. They must possess excellent communication skills, an ability to collaborate with the multidisciplinary team, and a drive for teaching and Quality Improvement. This position will be embedded in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Unit, with pro-rata on call duties and contribution to inpatient management.
• Provide clinical expertise in both Obstetrics and Gynaecological practice.
• Conduct clinical duties including oversight of the birthing suite, acute gynaecology, outpatient services and the operating theatre and demonstrate participation in non-clinical duties that contribute to the growth of the Department, such as teaching, supervision, audit, research, and committee representation.
• Manage inpatients, conduct regular teaching ward rounds, and provide ward support to the team of registrars and junior medical officers.
• Participate in the on-call roster for both Obstetrics and Gynaecology at a pro-rata basis according to service requirements.
• Work in a collaborative partnership with the Medical, Nursing, Allied Health, and Administrative Leads to deliver safe, high quality clinical services and contribute to the education and training of all members of the clinical team.
• Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of high-quality person and family centred care.
• Provide leadership and coordination in clinical governance by developing evidence-based guidelines; ensuring high level staff performance; and overseeing quality improvement and risk management activities.
• Provide leadership in standards of practice, including professional development, teaching, and training and research and innovation, and maintain own knowledge through participation in learning and development opportunities.
Quote vacancy number: 70232615
Closing date: 17/12/2023
Applications should consist of a one page summary sheet, resume / CV and copies of relevant qualifications.
For a copy of the Job Description or to view career opportunities in the Northern Territory Government please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au