Employment Type: Staff Specialist – Permanent
Position Title: Staff Specialist Gynaecology Womens Acute Assessment Unit – Nepean Hospital
FTE: up to 1 FTE
Requisition ID: REQ430139
How to apply
Your application is to be submitted through E-Credential ONLY. To apply please click this link,
Applications close on 17 October 2023 and must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Please refer to the Application Guide for instructions on how to create a Clinician Profile and a list of mandatory requirements for all Senior Medical & Dental Officer applications. If you are experiencing any difficulties, please first refer to the User Guide attached to this advertisement. Alternatively, you can contact Senior Medical Workforce Unit on 4734 2281. For all enquiries relating to the position and its function, you must contact the designated contact person.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical/dental practitioners for the above position (s) in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District. The position will be primarily located at Nepean Hospital within the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Successful applicants will be required to care & manage patients with general gynaecological, early pregnancy and acute gynaecological problems.
The number of sessions will be attending Gynaecological WAAU & Theatre. Participating in the On Call Gynaecology Rosters.
Appointees may be eligible for credentialing and privileging across all other facilities in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
This Gynaecological Staff Specialist role offers a great opportunity to be part of a broader team located in the brand-new $576 million Nepean Hospital redevelopment. This role will interface with the world-renowned Nepean Hospital/Sydney Medical School Nepean gynaecological ultrasound services with opportunity to be involved with research, education, and training.
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research, and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NepeanBlueMtsLHD
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
1. Possess or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Possess Fellowship of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology or equivalent as provided for in the Health Insurance Act 1997 and the Staff Specialists (NSW) Award, and evidence of Continuing Medical Education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position.
2. Sound clinical knowledge in Gynaecology and in particular early pregnancy and acute gynaecological complications demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities relevant to the specialty.
3. High level interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability working within a multidisciplinary team.
4. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and junior medical staff supervision consistent with contemporary best practice supervision standards.
5. Demonstrates the skills and attitudes appropriate for practice as a Senior Medical /Dental Practitioner including modelling of a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
6. Familiarity with research concepts and commitment to support basic, applied, or clinical research as required within the Department.
7. Either holds Diploma of Diagnostic Ultrasound (DDU) or enrolled for Diploma of Diagnostic Ultrasound (DDU) with the Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM).
8. Competent to Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery (AGES) Society level 4 surgical procedures (including but not limited to operative procedures such as salpingo-oophorectomy with complexity, adhesiolysis, hysteroscopic resection submucosal fibroid (type 0-1)).
Conditions of appointment are in accordance with the Health Services Act 1997,
Staff Specialist state award
Employees and Contractors must abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct.
The position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of Children’s Guardian website: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Successful applicants will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment. Please click on the link for further information http://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ActivePDSDocuments/PD2018_009.pdf
To see a full position description, please click
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
A/Professor George Condous
Phone: 0423 789 127
We respectfully request no agencies apply