An opportunity has become available for a Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10,000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
About the role
Work across the generalist specialisation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology including continuity models in maternity care, high risk obstetrics and innovative models of women’s health services. This will include maternity care, high risk obstetrics, intra-partum care, general gynaecology care and general gynaecology operating.
Requirements for the role
· Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Hepatitis B and COVID-19.
· Tuberculosis screening - to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required.
· Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed.
· MBBS or equivalent registrable with the Medical Board of Australia plus FRANZCOG or equivalent acceptable to the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and registrable as a obstetrics and gynaecology specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
· Relevant qualification/s and registration must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
· While not mandatory, experience working in a tertiary Obstetrics and Gynaecology unit would be well regarded.
· Ability to perform laparoscopic surgery at a level IV basis or greater would be expected.
· The incumbent will be required to participate in the department’s on-call roster for obstetrics and gynaecology which includes after-hours, weekend and public holiday shifts.
About Gold Coast Health
· Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
· Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
· More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
· Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
· Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
· A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
· Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong.
How to Apply
Please go to https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-GC444573 to review the Role Description and submit your application utilising the Medical CV template provided by Tuesday, 4 October 2022.
Job Ad reference: GC444573
Enquiries Dr Graeme Walker – (07) 5687 1125
Job Ad Reference GC444573
Application Details https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-GC444573
Closing Date Tuesday, 4 October 2022