About the Role and Purpose of the Role
Clinical role (0.5FTE) within the department will have a tertiary level obstetric focus.
- Tertiary level birth suite experience.
- Supervised high risk caesarean section lists with Obstetrician/Gynae-Oncology support.
- Protected ultrasound experience with MFM on a weekly basis, with the consideration of commencing a Diploma of Diagnostic Ultrasound (DDU).
- Participation in high-risk clinics including MFM, Obstetric Cardiac, Endocrinology and Obstetric Medical Clinics.
- Protected research time with the expectation of targeting a peer reviewed journal article on completion of the rotation.
Academic role (0.5FTE) rostered with the University of Queensland allows for participation in an academic position for education and curriculum development for medical students and development / participating in new and ongoing research protocols.
This successful applicant will carry out the following key accountabilities in accordance with the Metro North Health’s values:
- Provide expert leadership to clinical and service improvement activities and initiate, encourage and participate in extensive, evaluation and innovative treatment and care aimed at achieving demonstrable improvements in service outcomes.
- Provide clinical services to patients of the hospital commensurate with level of expertise.
- Co-operation with other disciplines within this hospital complex will be essential.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all required department medical officers.
- Practice excellence in communication with patients and relatives.
- Actively participate in the hospitals post graduate medical education program.
- Perform medical administrative tasks as required.
Context and Delegations
- This role reports directly to Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology Director, Women’s and Newborn services
- This role has a professional reporting line to Chief Medical Officer and Director Medical Services, RBWH.
- This role will work directly with the Maternal Fetal Medicine Lead and UQ lead clinicians, as well as other Obstetrics and Gynaecology consultants within the unit.
- This role will work directly with other team members from administration, nursing, and medical streams.
How to apply:
Advanced Trainee - Obstetrics/Maternal Fetal Medicine and UQ Academic Position Job in Brisbane - SEEK