Manning Base Hospital, Taree NSW
Permanent full time opportunity (REQ250696)
Apply via eCredential
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable Specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist to join our committed team to provide quality Obstetric and Gynaecological services to a diverse and appreciative community in a highly desirable coastal location.
We are seeking clinicians who are:
- medical experts and who are passionate about delivering the best possible care to patients
- capable scholars committed to evidence based practice, education, quality and safety
- skilled communicators in interactions with patients, families and colleagues
- strong advocates for their patients, their department and their community
- able to work collaboratively with our dedicated multidisciplinary team
- committed to positive patient experiences and meeting the needs of a rural and regional community
About our department:
- 2 x Staff Specialists and 1 x Visiting Medical Officer, commitment to build a sustainable workforce to meet current and future needs
- Busy birthing suite (over 700 deliveries p.a.) and outpatient clinics (including ANC, Gynaecology, high risk obstetric and colposcopy)
- Surgical services including minimally invasive, open and laparoscopic surgery
- JMO support(accredited registrar +/- Rural Generalists; SRMO, RMO)
- Links to an established Department of Paediatrics with Special care nursery
- Great team of committed and supportive anaesthetic colleagues
- Close relationship with the University of Newcastle Department of Rural Health with teaching to students in Year 3-5 of the Joint Medical Program. Appointment as a conjoint academic is encouraged (level commensurate with qualifications and experience)
What we offer:
- The ability to leave your mark on a busy O&G department in an idyllic location
- Career acceleration with genuine opportunities for leadership roles, academic opportunities, research, QA/QI and patient safety
- Coastal lifestyle, affordable cost of living
- This is a genuine opportunity to accelerate your clinical, academic and professional career in a desirable location in both the public and private sectors whilst remaining close to a major city, Newcastle.
- We are building our team to ensure that we provide safe and contemporary O & G services 24/7, whilst ensuring work-life-balance and optimal wellbeing so you enjoy the beautiful region.
- Manning Base Hospital has undergone significant redevelopment following a $140 million investment with a further $100M planned. We have a recently commissioned Imaging Department (incl. MRI on site).
- Manning Base Hospital has 180 beds with all the specialities you would expect of a Rural/Regional Hospital, providing you with a diverse mix of elective and emergency cases with support from our tertiary centre (John Hunter Hospital).
- Manning Base Hospital serves the local communities of Taree, Forster, Tuncurry and surrounding district, approximately 100,000 people over 3,732 km2.
- Taree has everything you need and is located in the beautiful Manning Valley in the Lower Mid North Coast of NSW. We are just 3 hours north of Sydney and 2 hours north of Newcastle. Our area is home to some of the best beaches in Australia and surrounded by magnificent national parks. Our family friendly community embraces diversity and offers something for everyone. Follow the link for more about what the Manning Valley can offer: visitmanningvalley.com.au
Applications Close:24 October 2021
If you are having trouble applying using the links above please copy and paste the following into your browser:
Staff Specialist: https://myclinicalprofile.com.au/OpenPositionLogin.aspx?UniqueId=0981fa70-d1ae-4dc1-a5e2-c6430df09930
Visiting Medical Officer: https://myclinicalprofile.com.au/OpenPositionLogin.aspx?UniqueId=750e5c7c-7a2e-44c9-82b5-a5483992cd8a
Position Enquires: Dr Nigel Roberts, Director of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Manning Base Hospital
E: [email protected]
Application Enquiries: Ms Jessica Glover, Senior Medical recruitment Consultant
Ph: (02) 6767 7063 E: [email protected]