This role is that of the Senior Registrar in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. It is to provide clinical support to the service across all elements of patient care and to enable the individual to progress their training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. It is suitable for RANZCOG trainees in level 5 or 6 of their training, post written and oral examinations.
- Clinical management of O&G patients at both outpatient and inpatient levels and the supervision of and adequate documentation of their clinical care. This will be under the supervision of Consultant staff.
- Provide leadership for the registrars and contribute via paid clinical support time for unit activities such as organising HMO and registrar education
- Attendance at ante-natal and gynaecology outpatients and labour ward as rostered.
- Effective liaison with midwifery and other nursing staff, general practitioners and other medical staff, to ensure a high standard of clinical care.
- Provide assistance at theatre as required for Gynaecology and Obstetric patients; and undertake surgical procedures under supervision.
- Initiate, implement and monitor management of patients under indirect Consultant supervision, incorporating the appropriate testing and investigation.
- Thoroughly and promptly record in the medical record clinical encounters, in an appropriate and ongoing manner, from the initial assessment, treatment, clinical progress and investigations.
- Use technology appropriately.
- Counsel and support patients and their families as required.
- Fulfil duties as outlined in the Duty Roster of the post undertaken.
- Participation in the Registrar on call Roster after hours/weekends.
- As a representative of the Hospital and the Medical Profession, present an appearance and demeanor of professionalism at all times.
- Continually update and extend personal medical knowledge and skills, regularly attend Clinical Meetings.