Are you up for living and working in the beautiful NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting?
Location: Broken Hill NSW 2880
How to Apply
Your application is to be submitted through eCredential ONLY. To apply please click this link:
- Supported by a full team of dedicated junior staff
- Reasonable workload with time to provide exceptional levels of patient centred care
- Flexible roster arrangements for a better work life balance
- Competitive remuneration package including flights and other incentives
About the Opportunity
- Exciting opportunity for a Visiting Medical Officer to join an enthusiastic team of Obstetrics & Gynaecology professionals at The Broken Hill Hospital.
- Provide a high quality Obstetrics and Gynaecology (O&G) service at both a clinical and administrative level and work within the bounds of commonly accepted good clinical practice.
- Supervise junior medical staff to ensure appropriate provision of patient care, helping achieve our vision of excellence in rural and remote health.
- If you’re looking for a meaningful career change that comes with all the perks of country living then this is the role for you!
About the Hospital
The Broken Hill Hospital is the largest hospital in the Far West Local Health District. It features 100 beds and services a wide area with a population of 25,000 people. It is a rural teaching hospital, providing emergency, elective and outpatient services, including dialysis and chemotherapy. It has an emergency department, general medical, surgical, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatric, mental health and sub-acute beds. Work is underway to enhance the level of ICU and CCU. Support services include Pathology, Medical Imaging (CT scan), as well as a wide range of Allied and Primary Health services.
About Broken Hill
Often referred to as the “Capital of the Outback”, Broken Hill is an iconic mining town in far west NSW full of spirit, history, diversity and character. It was Australia’s first city granted National Heritage listing and has many natural and man-made attractions. Far away from the light pollution of the big cities, Broken Hill is an ideal location for star gazing. It also has a number of lookouts that are perfect for indulging in spectacular sunsets over the vast, flat landscape.
Watch this video to see it for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgEJldC4gJs
- Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- MBBS or equivalent eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Possess Fellowship of the Australia New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (RANZCOG) or equivalent as provided for in the Health Insurance Act 1997 and the Staff Specialists (NSW) Award. Evidence of Continuing Medical Education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position
- Sound clinical knowledge in Obstetrics & Gynaecology demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities relevant to the specialty.
- Enrolment and maintenance of ongoing CME program of appropriate College and willingness to work weekends and public holidays and participate in an on call roster.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, Colleagues, and staff and to work as an effective member of the clinical team across multiple sites. Demonstrated commitment to provision of a high standard of clinical care in the public sector setting.
- Demonstrates the skills and attitudes appropriate for practice as a Senior Medical /Dental Practitioner including modelling of a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
- Current valid Working with Children Check and Current Drivers licence.
Role related queries or questions contact Dr Tim Smart, Director Medical Services on [email protected]
Applications Close: 30/06/2021