Remuneration value up to $445,059 p.a. comprising salary from $8,237.00 p.f. to $8,733.20 p.f. (L25-L27), or remuneration value up to $407,082 p.a. comprising salary from $6,888.00 p.f. to $8,000.80 p.f. (L18-L24), employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances. Applications will remain current for 12 months. Job Ad Reference: MK367355.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with the Queensland Public Service and the MHHS Values as outlined above.
- Understand your broad responsibility for safety and quality in healthcare, actively participate in continuous quality and safety improvement activities within the workplace and notify a relevant clinical or non-clinical responsible officer when concerns exist about workplace or patient safety.
- The provision of a Healthy and Safe environment within Mackay Hospital and Health Service is everyone’s responsibility.
- Understand your accountability to uphold the principles and practices of the Health Service’s Health and Safety Management System in accordance with legislation and industry standards. As a supervisor actively promote good health and safety practices to staff of your work area.
- Implement and undertake major teaching and educational initiatives and responsibilities within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Provide expert leadership to clinical and service improvement activities and initiate, encourage and participate in research, evaluation and evidence based treatment and care aimed at achieving demonstrable improvements in service outcomes, within the ethical guidelines of National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
- Actively participate in patient safety activities, clinical audit, and complaints management; actively pursuing evidence based practice within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Maintain current knowledge regarding the provision of safe and high-quality health care, including the concepts of Human Factors and Patient Safety, and to promote these within the Health Service.
- Actively participate in and maintain membership in a range of organisational committees.
- Facilitate and encourage innovation and change by adopting contemporary approaches to clinical service delivery creating a high-level performance culture within the service.
- Provide ethical decision making in the achievement of organisation goals.
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director of Medical Services and the Director of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Enquiries Dr George Du Toit, (07) 4885 7220
Job Ad Reference MK367355
Application Details https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-MK367355
Closing Date 22-04-2021