St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals provides a comprehensive Obstetrics & Gynaecology service to Midland, Swan Valley and the Wheatbelt Region. With a total of 367 beds, 307 for public patients and 60 for private patients, St John of God Midland Public & Private Hospitals is conveniently located within one complex, bringing health care closer to home.
- 12 month full time contract
- Excellent opportunity for a candidate willing to further their career in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Broad range of exposure to Obstetrics & Gynaecology - In 2019 SJGMMPH Maternity Services had 1890 deliveries, serving a high-risk diverse population.
- Training in Advanced Laparoscopic surgery and Point of Care Ultrasound
- Teaching and continual education is encouraged and formal sessions are available weekly
- One on one time with leading Consultants
- Participation in Antenatal Clinic, Gynaecology clinic (including Colposcopy Assessment) and Gynaecology theatre sessions including assisting and performing minor and major procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Eligible for Registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Current work rights for Australia
- A minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in a range of medical, surgical and acute care disciplines commensurate with this position (1 yr. minimum experience in O&G).
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with patients, family members and other caregivers.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as a team member.
- Experience in collaborative problem solving.
- Analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make good management decisions.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement.
- Ability to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts as per the roster, participating on the on-call roster for Birth Suite.
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Salary Packaging
- Parking Available & close to public transport
- Professional development
- Excellent experience in higher-risk patient care – Moort Boodjari Mia (MBM), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Opportunity to participate in clinical and scientific research related to the department and contribute to quality improvement of practice and service delivery (including audit activity)
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) *
For further information in regards to the role please contact Tammie Burke - Department Secretary, 08 9462 4481
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
Applications Close: 24th August 2020