Patient centred care is at the heart of everything we do at Northern Beaches Hospital, and to ensure we are providing exceptional care and service to our community we are looking for a senior Staff Specialist Obstetrics and Gynecology to join our growing Maternity Team, for the right candidate we can provide the opportunity to develop to the Clinical Director role.
Our Maternity unit consists of:
- 10 Birthing Suites with 3 water baths and an additional 2 assessment/ induction rooms
- Public and Private Maternity wards
- Special Care Nursery and Peadiatric ward all on the same floor to provide family-focus approach to our service.
Reporting to the Medical Director you will provide clinical management and consultation service to patients in the Northern Beaches Hospital (NBH) Maternity Services Obstetrics & Gynaecology department, you will also support the department by providing leadership and insight into the strategic direction of the service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide clinical care and management of patients
- Provide consultation services to patients as requested by other specialties
- Participate in an on-call roster and associated duties as required
- Participate in outpatient clinics as required
- Undertake training and education of junior medical staff and registrars and ensure they are well supported
- Participate in meetings and committees as required
- Staff Specialists will work as part of the health care team, adhere to Healthscope and NBH policies and procedures, participate in working groups (as required), demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement through National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards (and National Standards for Mental Health as applicable) & EQuIPNational, Work Health and Safety (WHS) and achievement of NBH accreditation.
- Maintain professional knowledge through a commitment to ongoing learning and development.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) and be registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- Demonstrated recent experience to practice as a Senior Medical Practitioner in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Capacity to be a professional role mode
- Ability to lead and work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skill including the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement;
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time
For the right candidate Healthscope will offer you in return a great salary package aligned with your skills and experience along with the opportunity to develop your career including consideration for the Clinical Director role.